Monday 14 May 2018

13 Tips on How to be a Star Performer (Part 9)


8. Manage your time
There is time and season for everything. But you have to ascertain the time and then manage yourself within it. Time management is one of the things God will not do for anyone. That is why the Bible urges us to redeem the time because the days are evil.

Time management is the chief of all skills, because if you can manage time, then you can manage money. If you can’t manage time, you can’t manage money, because time is money. If you can manage money, you can manage people. That is the way I see it, because people naturally flock after money and they would do whatever anyone who helps them to increase or make more money tells them to do.

If you manage time well, you can manage money effectively. A reason why people have poor financial situation is because they do not manage their time well. Time is intangible, we don’t see it; we only see what the hands of the clock are saying. But we can see money, smell and touch it. However, if you can manage the intangible time, then you can manage the tangibles effectively. You were given many assignments to carry out, but you can idle within time and not achieve all you were asked to do by just loafing; that is a horrible thing to do because time is meant to be turned over into results on a daily basis.

I used to have a Nokia phone that I set to beep every hour so I could reflect on what I had achieved within the hour that just passed. If I had used the hour well, I would smile. I was in paid employment then, and I was not even reporting to my principal about most of what I had done. But If I had not done something worthwhile within the hour, I would feel bad and tell myself, ‘You’ve got to make the next hour count.’ Time management is very important and star performers are strict time managers.

No comments: