Monday 7 May 2018

13 Tips on How to be a Star Performer (Part 4)


3. Ascertain the scope and coverage of your responsibilities
How long do you need to do what you are doing? How far do you need to go? How wide do you need to cover, in terms of the range of your responsibilities? You need to ascertain the scope and coverage of what you are supposed to do if you want to be a star performer. This is important so that you do not dissipate your energy in the wrong direction or do much where you are supposed to do little. You can even use quantity to measure your turnout where applicable: how many of this do I need to produce?

Using the home as an example, a man can ask, how much do I need to bring for the house upkeep? In a work setting, you can ask, how many of these am I supposed to do? How far do I need to go? What do I need to do at this stage that I am? How many miles do I cover? What do I need to do to get to the next stage? You need to know the scope and coverage you are meant to cover. In an office setting, the best person to talk to about these is the management or your line manager. What are the things I’m expected to do? For how long am I expected to do this? How many of these am I expected to turn in on a daily basis? These are questions that star performers ask before they hit the road running.

No comments: